Done.Dun. Dunzo. We are ds106 bootcamp graduates
For the 2nd week of Bootcamp we had many tasks.
1. Setup an email address for our blog and to make sure it forwarded on to another address.
My email address is email@example.com and it forwards to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Make sure my blog was on the list of class blogs. It’s there, I checked! Numero 12.
3. Customize my blog. This part was fun! I setup my blog with a specific design and while I liked it, I didn’t love it. I thought out it and after chatting with Brittany (did you know we are BFFs in real life?!) I decided to switch to the 2011 wordpress them and find a background image that I liked. I’m happy with the design of it now. It’s clean, simple, organized and the background isn’t overwhelming.
As far as plugins go, I added Akismet- which is awesome! I’ve already received some interesting spam comments (including one about a deaf and blind person?) I also installed Flickr Photo Post, JetPack, and Bumpin Twitter Connect.
You can view all my Widgets on the side. I didn’t want the blog to look to stuffy and disorganized, so I tried to keep it simple and I feel that they are ordered in a logical sense.
I really like my blog and I think I will keep the design for a long time. Like I said, its simple, clean and classy. I feel that it reflects me and my personality. The only think I wish I could change was the font. I LOVED the font on my previous blog design template and I’d love to switch this one up a bit.
4. Set up my Welcome Page. When I originally set up my blog and what not, I accidently set everything up on my welcome site, so I was a little ahead of the game because I already had WordPress installed. Looking at it now, I feel like the pink might be a bit too bright, so I might need to tone that down a bit. As you can see along the top I have a button to link to my ds106 website, so if you just click that it takes you over here.
5. Daily Creates.
Well here are my two daily creates again and you can find their own post here.
#1 “Take a photo of the ONE thing you MUST see, do, eat, hear, etc. everyday!
#2 “Describe the sky in a single sentence without using any color words.”
6. The Gif. You can read all about my first Gifs here.
The Lion King one turned out pretty good, in my opinion, but there is always room for improvement.
7. Week 2 Reflections. It’s crazy to think that its the end of week 2 already. Part of me feels like the semester is already flying and the other part feels like its dragging.Either way, I’m just happy to survived bootcamp! At first I was a bit overwhelmed, but once I got everything setup and got (a lot of) help from @cogdog I felt a bit more comfortable about everything.
I’m glad to have had two weeks of bootcamp. I feel that it was a good way to begin this course and not feel that I was thrown into the deep end without a lifejacket on. One of my favorite parts of this course is being able to tweet the professor and get a very fast response! I wish I could do this with all my professors! haha
I’m excited for week three and to see what fun assignments are headed our way!